It’s been a week since we hosted a small gathering of pool builders, landscape contractors, and dealers at our shop. We’ve spent the time since processing everything we learned and determining how we can provide better products and services to all our customers, from contractors to homeowners.
And that’s exactly why we hold these types of summits. The exchange of knowledge and experience helps all of us to run our businesses more successfully. We’re able to provide practical tips and expertise in marketing and lead nurturing, while our guests can provide practical insight into what end customers want and the problems and issues that arise in our industry of outdoor living. In the end, we all walk away with valuable knowledge that can apply to all of our businesses.
Some of the topics touched on included:
- Simple ways to improve local SEO by dedicating just an hour or two a week to it.
- The variety of paid search tactics available and the best uses for each.
- Using a combination of automation and personal touch to run an engaging but efficient follow up campaign with leads.
- Practical tips for improving your website to improve user experience, lead generation, and SEO.
In turn, we discovered that many of our fellow businesses had similar pain points, including:
- Converting more leads to actual sales.
- Figuring out how to maximize referrals, which are our hottest leads.
- Getting customers to leave feedback for us online.
- Providing customers the quality they want while managing price expectations.
- Finding reliable, ethical partners to work with to provide a full range of products/services customers may want.
Simply boiled down – we all wanted to figure out the perfect way to turn leads into customers and customers into raving fans! And to that end, working together allows us to offer our end customers a full range of products that will help them transform their backyard into the outdoor space of their dreams.
Maybe that dream is an outdoor entertainment space like no other. Or maybe it’s simply utilizing that space for storage and hobby or workshop activities. Regardless, when we work together, we’re better able to offer customers exactly what they need and want.
From a mini-networking event to a marketing bootcamp to a great excuse to enjoy some delicious food and company – our Lunch & Learn was a fun event, and we appreciate all the kind things our attendees such as Holly Hill Pool & Patio and Vintage Landscaping had to say.
We’re looking forward to holding another summit in February for dealers and contractors!